Undergraduate Merit Scholarship Application for High School Seniors
Note: Any applications which do not meet the following criteria or are illegible will automatically be disqualified.
- Must be a senior in high school.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale or be in the top one third of class or have a C plus average.
- Have performed a minimum of 400 hours of restaurant/foodservice-related work experience, verified by paycheck stubs or letter(s) from employer(s).
- Have applied and gained acceptance into a full-time restaurant/foodservice-related post-secondary program and plan to enroll in a minimum of four terms.
- Submit a letter of recommendation on letterhead from a current/previous employer.
Note: The submission of any materials with an application other than those requested will be discarded. Examples: newspaper articles, resume, reports, etc. Please only include what has been requested and do NOT upload any other materials.
- Application must be fully completed. Mark “N/A” if a field does not apply to you.
- Transcript from each high school attended (unofficial transcripts will be accepted; report cards will not).
- Proof of restaurant/foodservice-related work experience with a minimum of 400 hours verified by copies of paycheck stubs or letter(s) from employer(s) stipulating number of hours worked.
- Letter of acceptance into an accredited restaurant/foodservice-related post-secondary program.
- Letter of recommendation on letterhead from a current/previous employer.
Applications will be scored on a scale of 0 – 50 points. Judges will score the following:
- Essay question (required word count and clearly written)
- Presentation of application (spelling, punctuation, neatness, etc.)
- Grade point average
- Industry-related work experience
- Special consideration will be given to students who desire to focus on onsite foodservice (e.g. hospital, school, college, corporate dining)
- Career Interests
- Strength of letter of recommendation
Check back soon for 2013 details!